Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPY WARE WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby1978

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2003
IN
sir,
the error WE ARE GETTING ON OUR SMTP SERVER
message from SPYWARE ADVISORY to USER on 7/27/2004 8:41:51
important alert message :tuesday july 27
YOUR COMPUTER MAY BE INFECTED WITH UNAUTHORISED SPYWARE PROGRAMS
EASY INSTRUCTIONS TO LEARN HOW TO FIX YOUR COMPUTER :
1.GRAB A PEN AND WRITE DOWN THE WEB SITE ADDRESS ON A PIECE OF PAPER . KEEP IT IN A SAFE PALCE
2. OPEN YOUR WEB BROWSER
3. TYPE THE WEB ADDRESS INTO ADDRESS BAR & GO BUTTON
we are getting on our smtp server which is running ON iis5.0 ( WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL WITH SERVICE PACK 4 )which is gaurding by norton antivirus corporate edition , are there any necessity to install norton internet security , why i am asking like this , previously also we are getting same error , after 1 month my mail server crashed (i.e its generating the traffic unnecessarly which causing router hanging , network slow etc , when i removed that machine from my network all are fine & smooth running , after that i formated the system and reinstalled iis 5.0 and reconfigured our smtp server . plz help me in this issue
regards
dinkar

This is an ad, not a Microsoft Server message.
If this is an email message, it is SPAM.
If this is a Messenger message, you need a firewall.

Don't use Nortons Fire wall, Buy a copy of ZoneAlarm Pro Ver 4+, Not version 5 because it dosn't work. Nortons fire wall is full of holes and you will continue to have the same problems.

ZoneAlarm is easy to configure and does a great job stopping popups and you don't have to configure it, it just stops them!
If you don't have a good firewall, there's no point of turing you're computer on.

Good luck[pc]

Computers are like a bag of hammers, they won't do a damn thing until you pick it up and SMASH something with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back