Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spurious occurrence of 'You cannot carry out that action at this time' 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekAOE

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
GB
I have an Access 2000 DB which appears to work fine, but if left for a while without doing anything the message 'You cannot carry out this action at this time' appears when you click on anything or try to change data. You cannot even close the form. The only way out seems to be quitting via Task Manager. The form only has one record at any time, but the DB is a multiuser with a remote backend. Anyone else seen this or know of a fix?

Hi Derek

I had this problem some time ago, makes no sence at all, so what I did was create a new database container (an empty mdb file) and imported all my tbls, qrys, etc. into this new container and ........ the problem vanished.
Dont know why but I have since then made it a rule that when a base behaves in an irratic fasion I cure it with the above solution..... does not for compile err etc. have tryed, no can do. :-D

Herman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back