Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPS addition to CX600

Status
Not open for further replies.

scheesman

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2008
US
I have a CX600 that I am trying to add an SPS setup to. I have a pair of 1000W EMC SPS's that I am trying to add in. I don't have the actual part number with me, but it is the half-width 1000W with one input and two output and the RJ12 signalling port. I am trying to use an EMC 118-28717 signalling cable, and am wondering if this is my problem point. I currently have the SP only plugged into the leftmost output port on the SPS.

I am getting a failure on both SP's. The error I'm getting on the SPS in Navisphere is "Invalid Multiple Cable" and in the Event Log for the SP I get "Multiple SPS cables are configured improperly." I am stumped as to the exact problem. If it is the incorrect cable, what would the proper part number be? And what would the proper power cabling be for each SPS? One output to the SP and one to the first DAE? Thanks for your time...

Any help at all? I've read through all of the previous posts, and I know there's a lot of EMC talent around here. I'm usually very self-sufficient when it comes to technical questions, but EMC is a much harder topic to research.

Hi have you tried calling emc support for help they can assist you with your question.18007324362

With a valid support contract, that would be an option. But I know that's not the only source of information, hence this forum! I didn't really figure a cabling and part number question would be a big deal though.

My cables have the following on them:
Amphenol 118-28717 Rev 00 26/03

You might be able to find some by looking for the whole SPS unit: 118031985

Below is a link on eBay for the SPS modules, the rack tray, and the cables (it looks like it has all). More than you need but might actually cost you less...and you'll have a set of spare batteries:

And as far as EMC is concerned: most things are 'a big deal' :(

Thanks... I appreciate the reply. Turns out I did have the proper cables and batteries. It was just a matter of cabling them properly! Once someone outlined which outlets were for which SP and DAE and which signalling cable to whoch SP it was fairly straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back