Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spry background image does not show in IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellNiiOdartei

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2008
GB
Hi - I'm working on this site and I'm having trouble
getting my Spry Menu to display correctly.

On the laptop I am working on - in Firefox I can view it correctly - in that my menus have a blue line which runs along the bottom and connects to a blue rectangle to the right, on roll-over an underline appears under the text.

However looking at the site on Internet Explorer I can
not see my button image - therefore all I see is the button text on just a plain white background.

Has anyone come across this browser issue before with Spry Menus - any ideas on what to do?

You can see the page here:

All help appreciated!!

I just went through hell with a Spry menu in IE8 and I can't tell you what's wrong, but in my case, when I changed my "padding" from 1px to 0px, the menu snapped back into place and behaved properly. Some claim that if the widths of the submenus are different in instances in the code (ul.MenuBarVertical and ul.MenuBarVertical ul li), that can cause trouble too.

I meant...

(ul.MenuBarVertical ul and ul.MenuBarVertical ul li)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back