Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spotting RGB & low res images in Indesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

halthewalker

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
GB
Is there a process whereby I can detect in an indesign document whether or not there are any RGB pics or Images below a certain DPI?

File>Preflight to get RGB images in a list.

Resolution is tricky. There is a free plugin out there that attempts to check this but it simply checks to see that an image frame is not scaled above a user-defined percentage.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

For the images: One trick if you have Photoshop 7 is to package up the ID so you have its images folder. Then import that folder into PS browse. You then have all the images on the browser window. When you click on each all info, including resolution is displayed in the bottom left pane of the PS browser.

If you use a Powermac, it might have come with Graphics Converter. You can also use its Browse folder commnad to do the same thing as I described for PS7. You can download and buy Graphic Converter (a very powerful Mac app) for 30 dollars at
It's $30 well spent - if you have a mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back