Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spot Healing Brush is it gone or just covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH7210

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
When using the spot healing brush to cover or touchup it it truely changed or it it just covered?

Can the covering be removed and the original be revealed?

IS there a way for it to be truly changed and not reverted to the original?

Thanks

kh7210

...spot healing is destructive to pixels if used on only one layer by itself, to get things back to where they were the options are as follows:

...duplicate a selection to a layer and work on that duplicated layer, use a layer mask to reveal the underneath layer as a way of restoring...

...or the simplest method is to switch to the art history brush and paint back in...

Andrew

...correction, i meant the history brush, the art history brush is slightly different...

Andrew

Is there a way to permanently remove redacted information using Photoshop?

Thanks
KH

..to add to my post earlier...

...when you use the spot healing brush it is recoverable but only in that 'session' of edits, once you close, save and reopen an edited image you have no return to the original, unless you have a copy to revert back to...

...edits are easier to perform on layered, psd or tif images if you ever need to revert back to original image data...

Andrew

Thanks for the help that answers my question.

kh7210

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back