Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spoolss.exe - Windows NT4.0 Terminal Server Edt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLLOYD

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2001
GB
Dear all.

I'm currently receiving the following error msg, on my NT4.0 TSE:
The spoolss.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point GetJobA could not be located in the dynamic link library SPOOLSS.dll

I have have tried copying spoolss.exe, spoolss.dll & localspl.dll from the latestest service pack but still receive this message. I understand that the localspl.dll may be corrupt. Do you know how I can test each printer driver to see which one is causing the problem.

Server Spec: P2 500, 640MB RAM, Sp6a

Many thanks,

Stephen.[morning]

try reapplying service pack 6a and check Aslam

Aslam,

Thanks for your reply but I have tried this 3 times now but to no avail.

Stephen.

Are you using this server as a print server as well with network printers?

If so you may need to reinstall Microsoft TCP/IP Printing and then after that install your service paks

Jason Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Thanks guys. Finally solved the problem.

cheers,
neil

Neil, You say you finally solved the problem. Could you please share with us what you did to finally solve the problem >??

thanks

Neoice,

How did you fix your problem? I am having the same error (The procedure entry point GetJobA could not be located in the dynamic link library SPOOLSS.dll) but on a Windows 2000 workstation. I began getting this error as soon as installed Service Pack 4 for End User (the new release from Micrsoft). If I uninstall the Service Pack I do not get this error but I want to upgrade my workstations with this service pack because it has alot of new enhancements.

Help!

This person hit the nail on the head. Had the same issue with NT 4.0 & SP6a. Deleted this key (after creating a back-up)and all is well in townsville.

Good luck to all. Happy 4th.

October 26, 2002 23:00 PM GMT [ unassigned ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just getting around to posting my followup to these posts.

The issue was resolved by manually editing the registry and removing the HP keys in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors

However the HP Add Network Printer Wizard was recreating the issue as soon as the HP COLOR 4550 driver was used.

I used the HP Add Network Printer Wizard with a HP4050 driver and then changed the driver after the printer was installed.

I think there is an issue with HP's Add Network Printer Wizard when adding the 4550 drivers automatically.

Maybe that's why I usually create the raw IP ports without the wizard.

Sorry to take so long with the issue and followup,

PartyDown@WakeupCallWorld.com

littleonekat,
I am currently having the same exact problem as you. After loading the service pack 4 for win2k. I started to get this error. Do you remember what you did to fix this problem?

I am currently having the above problem with windows 2000. I donot see a clear answer to solve this problem. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back