Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spontaneous Key stroke malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

pventresca

Technical User
Sep 1, 2005
US
I have Win XP Pro; Outlook 2003; WordPerfect 11. The apostrophe key fails to display an apostrophe until another key is pressed. The malfunction is spontaneous and I haven't been able to reproduce it. The key press delay occurs primarily in Outlook, but has occurred in WordPerfect as well. I've also encountered the condition in Notepad.

Restarting the program temporarily restores functionality. Outlook has been working with me and I've tried several fixes (disable add-ins; safe mode; etc), but nothing has worked.

I have Spyware Doctor and update and run a system scan every week. Norton live update is enabled as is auto protect. I run a full system scan weekly. Have you heard of a virus, Spyware, or other type of background application that could cause a key to malfunction spontaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back