Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
what is the purpose of the below defined SPNs? There's no DMI table or anything. Access code is 9. What tel. #s start with 02? 03? etc?

SPN 02
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 03
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 04
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 05
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 06
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 07
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 08
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 09
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 10
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

In the US, I don't see any need for these. You may have to consider that when the system was programmed a procomm script, or something like it was used to populate the SPN, NPA and NXX fields. I use one that populates all the fields, but don't have "0X" numbers in there.

John

hi
looks like codes from denmark,we had area codes like that years ago for diffrent area of the country i.e. 06 is today 86

what about these from another of my switches? (no DMI, nothing)

SPN 1026
FLEN 0
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1027
FLEN 0
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1028
FLEN 0
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1029
FLEN 0
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

The 0x entries in the SPN table may have been used for a 0+7D calling plan for collect or credit card calls in some areas that since have adopted a uniform dialing plan. But most areas now use 0+NPA+7D for collect or credit card calls unless you are using a toll free number, ie: 800/888/877/866/855 to access those services.

You might check the RLI 1 to see how it is routing calls using the 102x entries or what route and what kind of trunks.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back