Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPNs again

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
my switch requires a 9 to call out. I have 9 programmed as an SPN (no FRL, no DMI, nothing on that route). but it doen't matter that 9 is programmed since I would first need a 1, right? I can't dial 9 then another 9, right? I don't want people to be able to dial 900 #s. Thanks

I`m not use If I`m going down the right track but
You can dial 91,92....99xx
You need to config. a AC1 or AC2 code to gain access the SPN table

Normal for Telco/PSTN it is AC1

1. Check what the current AC1 is

LD 86
REQ PRT
TYPE ESN

rtn
rtn

Look for AC1

If its 9 and you are happy with tha then fine, if you wish to change it chekc what 9 is used for you may need tofree it

LD 86
REQ CHG
TYPE ESN

rtn until AC1 then enter the new one

2. Now when you dial 9 you enter the SPN tables

Dependingn where you are US,Japn or Europe depends on how you use the SPN`s

In the UK config. the SPN as 0, 1,2,......9 or if yo have a special arrnage ment for international then use ARRN for 0

SPN 0
RLI X
SDDR 0 - used for international routing i.e 00
ARLI z

In teh US you may need to enter teh area code under SPN or NPA? I think

To stop people dialling 900- International? then either bar then 00 in the NCOS table or if you use FRL then set the FRL on the RLI for 00 calls to be 6 and set users to be less, this will then bar users access to the RLI

wayne

thank you for your detailed response, but I don't think I was clear. My AC1 is 9. I also have an SPN of 9 with no insertion/deletion, FRL,nothing. So someone could conceivably pick up the handset and dial 99, correct? but if all calls require a "1" after pressing the AC1 9 then it doesn't matter that this is in my switch, does it?

Sorry for the mis-info.

99 - That`s right, the Meridian though uses the first 9 to gain access to the SPN table it deletes is automatcially hence the reason why you do not need to set up a DMI to delete the first 9 so if users need to dial "9" followed by 19 the as long as you have a SPN of 1 then all 1...... calls will follow the RLI you have configured.

What do you use the 1 for?

If you really wanted to and the 1 was a indirect access code fro example to another carrier then you could tell the users to forget about the addtional "1" and use DMI to insert it automatcially instead of the users?

wayne

well, that's the whole point. I don't think my users are going to be able to make unauthorized calls by picking up their handsets and dialing 99. I was really just trying to confirm that having an SPN 9 isn't going to open my PBX up for abuse. Thanks

to dial a 900# you still dial 1900-xxx-xxxx so SPN 9 wont stop a 900 # from being called all it will stop is any NXX that is a local number starting with a 9 wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back