Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPM - Remote Site Programming - Transfer *10 Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvee

Programmer
Aug 1, 2000
US
I am trying to dial a remote site, but I always have to have someone transfer me into the phone switch. I'm looking for a way to dial a remote site with no external involvement.

I have tried to use the Barrier Code, but I'm not sure what it is. I have looked under "Lines and Trunks - Remote Access - Barrier Codes - Code Info - Code Entry". There is nothing entered in any of the Dial Codes. I have tried the default 889, but that doesn't work either. I tried entering a code 1234 in for one of the dial codes, but it didn't make a difference.

Can anyone give me the specifics on how to do this?

Thanks, Megan

You need to set a remote access (DISA) line, or if you have DID trunks, renumber the Remote Access Code to match one of your unused DID numbers.

Under Lines/Trunks, Remote Access, System Programming, pick which of the 16 available codes will be valid to let you get to *10, and then put a barrier code in that entry.

Then, when you dial in, you receive a tone upon answering, enter the barrier code, receive internal dial-tone, enter *10, and you will be transferred to the modem.

I do not have an extra DID line, so I will have to use the DISA line.

Under Lines/Trunks, Remote Access - there is no option for System Programming. If I select Barrier Codes, then there is a sprog option. Is this the right one?

In sprog, do I select a number (1-16)?How do I know which code will let me get to *10?

If I do select a code (1-16), then do I set a barrier code in code info?

Sorry to be such a pain, but any more help would be great!
Thanks, Megan

>Under Lines/Trunks, Remote Access - there is no option for System Programming.  If I select Barrier Codes, then there is a sprog option.  Is this the right one?

Yes

>In sprog, do I select a number (1-16)?How do I know which code will let me get to *10?
If I do select a code (1-16), then do I set a barrier code in code info?

Yes, pick which one of the 16 barrier codes that you can enter that you want to allow access to system programming. Probably, just use barrier code no. 1. Then set barrier code to a string of digits (7 digits is default).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back