Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting Trans.log

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRUNMAN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2013
US
Wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to split a Trans.Log file? A Restaurant that I support recently had their file server crash from a power surge, they were in redundancy for 3 days which EOD never ran, and all 3 days are joined in one trans.log. I come from a positouch background, where in positouch there is a way to dump a checkfile in a textfile to view the information on it. From the textfile I can pinpoint the time where each day started and ended, then run program to separate those sales. Is there a way to do this in Aloha? Or something similar?

Currently I pay a 3rd party help desk by the hour since I don't have a contract with them to do this work for me. I would love to take more control of this process to not rely on another support desk, and also not to spend 300-400 dollars on a support ticket that I feel I can do myself.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a trans.log reader. I never could get it to work, never needed to use it. Maybe you can figure out the coding and put it to work.
The trans log file is a sequential file and all the program would need to do is read, write each txn until you get a time that would represent a usual EOD. (time period of last txn to first txn in the morning.)

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thank you very much! I'll review this, and see if I can get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back