Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2001
US
I have a database with the following layout:

Table: Check
Table: Check Details

The table Check contains the related company the check was written for, as well as the amounts and check number. The table Check Details is used to detail out each item purchased with the Check.

I am using a simple data sheet type of layout so that they can add the detail as needed (These have to be records).

My problem is that on the report I am printing, there can only be 4 lines for detail and then it has to print in the next cell.

EX: I have a check number 1001 and I have 5 lines of detail. Only 4 lines of detail are allowed per cell. My items detail A, B, C, D, and E and all the details are worth $100.

(See Picture at
These are state forms so I can't change the way they are laid out.

What I am wondering is if there is some way to split the detail (or some sort of code) that will allow me to be able to calcultation based on the following concept:

if detail > 4 then start in next cell with the rest of detail.

Any help would be appreciated and Thanks in Advanced.

I'm just learning VBA so I don't have an answer, just a thought. Sounds like a For Next loop to count the records then force a blank line (or two, depending on the spacing of the form you print to) using vbcrlf.

You might get better/quicker help if you post this in the VBA Coding forum. (If you decide to do that, reference the thread here so folks aren't trying to answer you in two places.) Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back