Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting prompts between imr and powerprompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogjai

Programmer
May 8, 2002
HK
Hi
According to one of our clients request, we need to split prompts between impromptu report and powerprompts application and publish onto upfront?

Ex: Originally there are 4 prompts in a impromptu report. We need to move couple of prompts onto powerprompt for additional functionality. Then We need to publish report and powerprompt application onto Upfront. When users access the report, he needs to select values from all 4 prommpts! Can this be achieved? If so, how?

Thanks in Advance

Why would the prompts need to be in both?

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Hi DoubleD,
My guess is the reports are having around 10 to 15 prompts. May be because of cost factor and a specialized functionality for a particular prompt, they are asking for it.
Do you have the answer?

Thanks in Advance

I have not tried this so I'm not sure it can be done.
I would be digging deeper into the requirements though to find out if all the prompts can be moved to PowerPrompt.

Otherwise, hopefully someone else has tried this and give you more meaningful technical feedback.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Hi Double D
I got a negative reply for my question from COGNOS support. They informed that its impossible to do like this

Thanks in Advance

I tried this. I had a couple of power prompts and then had a data-range prompt in Impromptu. The power prompts work, but not the date-range. My guess is they won't work together. Its one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back