Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting a PDF into separate sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaimeroa

MIS
Apr 28, 2010
CA
Hi,

I have a report scheduled in BO XI R3.1; currently exports a PDF to an unmanaged disk destination. The report is grouped by geographic areas and I want to split the PDF into each of the 200 geographic areas, and I don't want to have 200 versions of the same report, and I don't want to schedule 200 times the report with different parameters.

If I use a parameter, the name of each PDF needs to be customized, and CMC doesn't allow me to do that.

Any ideas?

Actually, the CMC will let you do that - you set the Title of the report in the scheduling propertied. This isn't on the destination page, it's on a separate page labelled Title. Then, on the destination page,use the title in the destination file name.

Having said that, you might want to look at the Publications feature that's available in BO. I haven't used it, but I've done some research into it and it will "burst" a report based on specific criteria.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back