Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting a Field and a Diffferent Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott1971

Technical User
Apr 20, 2005
EU
Guys,

I am on CR XI. I have a list of 3 to 5 digit codes in the format 000 running to 999.99 Each of these codes has a descriptive.

I have created a formula to only show the first 3 digits of the code ie 000 to 999 so as it will 'roll' the codes together. What I also need to add is the correct descriptive but that isn't happening. I think it's getting the first descriptive it hits on the database so instead of getting the 000 descriptive it is getting the 000.15 etc etc.

I am grouping on my formula as I need to do a count as well. Any ideas how I get the correct descriptive to show?

Hi,

Crystal Reports? Forum149.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip, that's what I get for not checking which forum I was on! I hadn't even noticed that I'd posted that to the wrong one......bad ending to a bad day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back