Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting 3500 records between 4 Sales People. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoustech

Technical User
Jul 5, 2006
US
I have a request to split 3500 records under a Sales Person named "Shared Office" to 4 different sales people. Does anyone have any idea how I could do this?

it depends on if you want all 4 users to access all 3500 records.

If thats ok i would advise creating a group containing all 4 users then assigning the group against the 3500 records.

Then setting the OWNER to the group name (be careful with this, as if you create a group name to "TEST" then the actual group name is not TEST, it will have some numeric values before it) But if you use this method let me know and i can tell how to find out the actual field value.

If you need to assign 875 records to each user then i would be just the matter of creting filters to split it by Company name (for example), and then using global replace to update a field to state that record is owner to that user.

You could use the OWNER field, and then set the STATUS to "I1" - this way any other user (apart from admin) would not be able to edit the record.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back