Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splash screens in Office2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2002
GB
Does anyone know how to remove these - as they do take up server resource and are not necessary.

Cheers!

Did you use the "transform" file to install? I didn't think you could install without it, but if you did use it, it should have replaced all the splash screens with more bandwidth-friendly versions.

If you are wanting to get rid of those, Sorry I have no more info to offer!

To remove the splash screen from Word 2000 SR-1 or SR-1a, create a new shortcut and add &quot; /q&quot; (<space>/q) to the end of the command line. If you don't have SR-1 or SR-1a, download the service pack at http//office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/o2ksr1ddl.aspx

Simply adding &quot; /q&quot; to the existing shortcut target line may not work.

Someone..

...And for Excel 2000 you have to add a &quot; /e&quot; after the shortcut.
For Powerpoint 2000 i haven't found yet a parameter.
For Outlook 2000 you can add a lot of different parameters, but no one to disable the splash screen. Maybe it is possible over the registry (I saw it for Outlook Express).

regards
Ralf

Powerpoint 97/2000, use this start command (&quot;Powerpoint.exe&quot; /splash)

&quot;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\powerpnt.exe&quot; /splash

I think you can disable Outlook Express 5 here:

Regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities

ABE2B8A0-C02D-11D3-867B-948FF355BD32}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

Add a DWORD NoSplash
Make it a value of 1

Great stuff. Certainly makes seamless apps fire up much much faster!

Any ideas for Access or Outlook 2000?

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back