Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splash Screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capone67

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
CA
Hi Gang

I am working on a program that loads slow so I would like to display a splash screen while the form is loading and initializing. What I have done is created a form2 that has a graphic in it. In the load procedure I have inserted form1.show. In the project properties I have modified it to start up with form2 instead of form1.

Now my problem is that both forms appear at the same time. Has anyone built a splash screen that can tell me how to make this work properly?

TIA
Ken

Yeah u must also close the current form. You probably should call it also NOT in the load by in OnExit or something. Or on UNLOAD. That way the second form wont be called until the 1st one has loaded (and run whatever the load procedure was).

Ie.

Me.unload
form1.show
end sub

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

I tried that and now I don't even see my splash screen. Here is the code I tried.

Ken

Private Sub Form_Load()
MyTime = Now
While DateDiff(&quot;s&quot;, MyTime, Now) < 5
DoEvents
Wend
Form_Unload (1)
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer)
Form2.Hide
Form1.Show
End Sub

set a timer on Form2 (interval 3000) in the timer

timer1.Interval = 0
unlaod me
Form1.Show Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

Licence And Copy Protection AxtiveX
Source CodeBook for the programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.