Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spiratic DLT Transfer rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreux

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2000
US
Hey all,
My new HP C7145 Autoloader is not backing up our servers any faster than our old DAT changer did. I set it up on our dual xeon processor Netfinity, on it's own Adaptec SCSI bus, and I'm getting transfer rates ranging from 25MB per minute to 315MB per minute. This can be off of the same remote server, so it seems that the hardware is set and is capable. In addition, I tweaked the registry to use higher memory blocks and that did work, but I still can't get a steady stream of @ least over 200MB/pm. My CA licensing for the optical tape library has started erroring out, but I'm doing a simple full backup. The drive seems to sit there and wait 15 seconds for data on and off. Shouldn't it be writing continuously? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
TIA, Dreux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back