Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spinning Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbenezra

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2000
CA
Hello,

One of our remote users is complaining about a "spinning disk" in the middle of their screen.
It happens on start up and when launching an app it will appear in front and makes it difficult to work.
When in Safe Mode this "spinning disk" does not appear.
Can anyone please tell me if they have experienced this phenomena?

Thank You

Have a continuing problem with Adaptec cd-creator leaving a fragment of the initialization banner up and running. Looks like a disk with a pencil circling it every second or so.
Does your user have a cd writer installed? Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Thank You for your response Ed...a cd writer is not installed and from what the user tells me there does not seem to be a pencil anywhere??????

Well, you win some, you lose some, and some get rained out.
How about your user closing down running stuff to see if he can identify what is putting it up? close an item at a time and run something. This sounds like fun. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back