Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spell Checking - Word Automation vs Third Party???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFPR

MIS
May 9, 2003
PR
I need to incorporate spell checking into my applications. Specifically, Spanish Spell Checking...
Can anyone comment on the pro's/con's of using Word Automation vs a third party tool? Can this be accomplished with Word Automation?!?

Also, I have only found one third party spell checking tool out there (dll based). Can anyone provide links to other tools if available?

Thanks..CF

That depends on whether you can guarantee that your users always have MS Word installed. If so, here's a good article from Rick Strahl on how to do it:

If you're comfortable with doing automation, my opinion is that's the way to go, as long as, as I said, your users will always have MS Word.

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

CFPR,

One of my clients had to make the same decision. He opted for a third-party tool rather than Automation, but I don't know if his situation is similar to yours.

He wrote an article about this, which is at
I don't know whether the product in question has a Spanish dictionary. You could try asking the gente bien informada at
Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Word SpellChecker Example
faq184-4258

Word SpellChecker example (Version 2)
faq184-4292

Word SpellChecker Example (Version 3)
faq184-4482

Integrating FoxSpell with VFP Applications
faq184-5626

boyd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.