Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spell Check Problem in Word Perfect 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2000
US
I have done WP Suite 7 installs from the network server on my workstations. Spell check does not offer replacements on mis-spelled words. I have installed the patch that Corel supplies. Any advice would be helpful.

I'm using WordPerfect 8 on my computers, so I'm not too sure if I can help but I'll give it a try.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I'm sorry to say, but you'll need to check to see if all of the spell check program files were completely copied to each of the network computers.&nbsp;&nbsp;What could be happening is that you didn't get a complete install on all of the computers because WordPerfect seperates up differant functions of it's program to differant areas and files on the hard drive (and believe me, it can be difficult to locate all of these functions if you don't know where to look) also, some of these files are &quot;hidden&quot; so that they are more difficult to have them accidently deleted.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>To start, you'll need to check for the &quot;user word lists&quot; or spelling dict. You will need to open WordPerfect on one of the network computers then select &quot;Spell check icon&quot;, when it asks if the spell check is complete select &quot;no&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;This should keep the spell check window open.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Step 2, select the &quot;options&quot; button and then select &quot;user word lists&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;This should bring up another window that shows the location of the word list that you're using, which on my computer looks like this (C:\My Documents\Corel User Files\WT80US.UWL).&nbsp;&nbsp;[repeat step 2 and select &quot;main word lists&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Again, on my computer it is located at: (c:\COREL\SUITE8\PROGRAMS\WT80EN.MOR)]<br><br>Lastly, if you cannot find the user or main word lists then you may need to use the original program disks to load the program on each computer or search for the spell check &quot;user word lists and main word lists&quot; on the server then copy it to exactly to same location on each of the network computers, this is time consuming but may be required to get all of the features that WordPerfect offers.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>If I can be of any further assistance ( that is if I was able to assist you at all) feel free to contact me directly at <A HREF="mailto:donaldc1@mediaone.net">donaldc1@mediaone.net</A><br><br>Good Luck, Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back