Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SpeedStream 2604 and outside connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffi1

Technical User
Apr 23, 2004
US
I want to set up a web server on my PC, but my router won't let me! I'm using a 2 PC network with win 98, and XP on a SS2604 Router and Cisco 678 DSL modem, and you should probably be able to tell that I can access the rest of the internet and use various programs that work over the net. The firmware of the router is up to date, and as far as I know, everything else is up to date as well.

The problem is this: The external IP shown by the router is always 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.3, depending on whether or not I've tied up one already somehow, and this prevents me from ever accessing my network from the outside. Internally, I can send something out to the 10.0.0.2 IP from within the network, and be directly correctly to one of my PCs. I CAN get an external IP address from certain websites, but when I try to access my network from elsewhere using that IP, such as with PC Anywhere or VNC, I can't get a connection. I've already tried setting up the port configuration in different ways, but still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back