Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed of data Retrieval

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Drisnil

MIS
Mar 29, 2003
US
Hi all,

I'm posting this thread because I've looked and not found what I am searching for.

I'd like to know what varibles play into the speed of data retrieval in a network using ODBC connectors.

Here's the senario I find myself in. I use a Business INtelliengence tool to retrieve data across a 10/100BaseT internal network from a Windows XP Pro box to a SCO Openserver Box. I am quering against a live application, so I can understand some performance hits, but I am being told by others in the business that the retrieval should be much faster than I am getting.

The data retrieval is about 100 records a sec on a 3 table 2 join query against a live application with 200,000 records.

I think this is aweful performance, but I need some hard pointers to make my case.

Inquiring Minds...
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back