Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed dial to copper trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
I need to know how to setup a speed dial code that when entered from the phone, it will call out of the Asterisk PBX. I have a Mediatrix 1204 with 4 copper lines connected to it as my analog gateway to Telco. I thought it would be the following:

exten=>**103,1,NoOp(Taxi)
exten=>**103,n,Dial(88314141,macro-safedial)

OR
exten=>**103,n,Dial(SIP/421-PSTN,88314141,30,Ttr)
exten=>**103,n,Hangup

the macro safedial has the trunk groups used for making outbound calls and will roll over to other trunk groups already setup.

I am new to Asterisk and am trying to figure this out for a project I am currently working on for my company that is developing/deploying this solution into the hospitality industry.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? By default you should be able to enter speed dial entries by using *75. System prompts you to enter bin location then telephone number. You then dial the number using *0+bin number.

BTW,
How far along are you on your hospitality application? Would be interested.

sorry for the delay.

We have an aplication that we developed for Cisco and have adapted it to the Asterisk realm.....btw I created arguments in the global area of my extensions.conf file to dial the number and then created the following statement for the speed dial there too.

ie
[globals]
TAXI=88314141

[speed dial]
exten=>**107,1,NoOp(Taxi Service)
exten=>**107,n,Dial(${TRUNK-PRIMARY}/${TAXI})

Will be testing this onite this coming week. Hope it works.

Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back