Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink or Avaya Wifi handsets Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo2015

Technical User
Nov 9, 2013
GB
I am currently working on a quote for a large house. They require wifi handsets as the walls are so thick and there is little CAT5 running through the house.

The access points being installed are Luxul. These are not on the list of certified access points which work with Luxul and therefore not supported. Does anyone have any experience with these working on Luxul access points with Spectralink and know that it works?

Also the Avaya wifi handsets have been discontinued and I cant find anywhere that sells them anyway.

Please can someone provide some advice on what you would do in this scenario and provide a solution which will work.

TIA,

Why Wifi & Not DECT?

Wifi has always been a PITA (one of the reasons Avaya no longer bother with wifi handsets?)

They require wifi handsets as the walls are so thick and there is little CAT5 running through the house.
Thick walls are going to seriously reduce the effectiveness on any wireless solution (DECT or WiFI)
you will probably need a number of base stations & these are going to need cat 5 to connect annyway

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If wifi is really needed then go for the Mitel 5624 wifi phones.
Easy to setup but require SIP endpoint licenses.
We have replaced Avaya wifi phones with Mitel phones before.
You can use your Avaya cradle to program these but you do require the Mitel files but you only need to ask me :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back