Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink Link3000 (6020 and ptb410) issues at midnight routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddickenson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2009
US
Hello all,
I did a quick search and no one else seems to have asked this question yet. I have a new-to-me CS1000m-mg that a few nights ago I cutover to from my older Option 81c. On the 81 we have had a Spectralink system (the one that emulates a 2616, not the WLAN model) running for years. When we cut we had no issue but at the midnight routine it looks like a good number (though not all) of our handsets were disabled in the system. Has anyone else run into this type issue? I was hoping the new switch would fix some of the rare problems we've had with this system but instead it's looking like I'm on track to get a call every night at midnight saying they are down!

Edit: Also, should you be able to use the "idu" command to verify that nortel is talking to the spectralink port like you can on a regular digital set?

Try changing the CLS to FLXA and they should not disable at midnights. We have 5 sites running 7.5 with Spectralinks and do not have this problem. Make sure your patches are up to date.

Excellent, I was considering trying to make all phones not disable at midnight but I didn't realize there was a class of service for that. I'll try that. I'm running 4.5 with about 200 patches that were the latest I could find. Hopefully that works too.

I'm still having issues with spectralinks dying overnight. Is there anywhere "flxa" prints when you do a tnb print? I couldn't find it in CLS that printed out even after I manually added it to a known spectralink tn. Wondering if I lost all that programming I did...

To print all phones with flxa go into LD81 and typ LST at REQ.
CUST 0
Then return til you get to FEAT typ flxa and then return return. It will prin all of them.

I would remove ld 30 from midnights and then run midnights during the day. Ld 30 is what disables ports with no phones. No you can't idu spectralink ports.

The ld 81 was what I needed. I have found several that were not in the list as having FLXA so we must have missed them. I like keeping ld 30 in the midnight routine because that's how I can reclaim numbers (digital ones anyway) if someone unplugs a phone and never bothers to tell anyone about it, which happens a lot around here!

In the end I had to turn off ld30 in the midn routine to make it stop, adding the FLXA did cause them to stop disabling but I was still having issues having to reset on the spectralink side. Since turning off ld 30, however, I'm not seeing those issues any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back