Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spectraling chk3000 password

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcj2

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
US
i haven't had to admin my spectralink system for quite a while, so i'm a little rusty. I plugged a null cable into the serial port and fired up the chk3000 tool, but its asking for a password. I don't recall it ever needing a password before. Any ideas??

------------------------
Doug J.
Winchester, VA

I've had that problem before and can't remember how I resolved it.
I would try to move your cable to another port on the S-Link and try again.
Then try to change settings on your dumb term. They should be; 9600 n 8 1 Xon/Xoff
Hope this helps.
The best solution is, of course get rid of that pain it the neck.
Motorola has a great new product I'm trying to buy for our company. Good luck!

Someone must have gone in there and set up a password - I never had one on mine until one day something strange happened and I thought SL may have been in there remotely so I put one on so they would have to contact me if they ever tried to get in.

I just went through the whole system manual and software documentation and can't find anything about resetting the password. You will probably have to call them and ask.

I assume you tried just pressing Enter, 3000, and whatever passwords you commonly use yourself. It doesn't come out of the box with a password set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back