Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specifying Printers and trays within VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halliarse

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
GB
I have a routine where I need to print to specific printer (not the default) and to a specific tray dependent on the document type, i.e tray 3 for letters and tray 4 for plain paper. I am using an hp9000 printer.

I have downloaded VBPrnDlg.dll and I'm still at a loss!!

Any assistance or example code would be most helpful.

Regards

Steve

In a previous job I did this with Word Documents i.e. the first page (headed paper) was selected from one tray and the rest from another. I think I still have the code on my PC at home. If I can dig it out I will post this evening (GMT).

Regards,

Did you have any joy finding that code?

Regards

Steve

You'll need to find the code that changes trays, and just print that code. I wasn't able to find the code off hand, but if you call HP and ask for it you should find that they can give it to you. You'll have to know whether your printer is set up for PCL or PostScript. (PCL is Printer Control Language, the language that HP used exclusively to control its printers until PostScript became a standard.) Your printer should have a setting that allows you to switch.

HTH

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back