Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specified printer settings error - need urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu2006

MIS
May 2, 2006
US
I am using Business Objects XI R2. I am trying to setup report with Specified printer settings and then run report and I am getting following error

"Specified printer settings". Please help. Printer is available and I have tried test print so I can print report from windows server where Crystal Server is installed.

Hi,
The 'test print' uses the default page settings ( set with the 'printing preferences' option on Window's Printers properties ), so it may differ from what you have set in the CMC for that report...Are you trying some setting that the printer does not support ( like Legal size or wrong margins, etc.)?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I am using same printer in Crystal X they are fine. Trying to use the same on Crystal XI but they are not working.

Hi,
Can you post the full, actual error message?

Are you running the report from BOE XI or CR XI?

[profile]

I am using BOE XI and I already mentioned that. Invalid printer specified I am getting this error.

Hi,
Sorry but in your followup post you said Crystal 10 and Crystal XI, those are not the same as CE10 and BOE XI..

Anyway, is the XI version running on the same server and under the same account as the 10 version? Perhaps the printer permissions are different.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back