Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specified order not working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

src2

Technical User
Mar 1, 2001
US
I'm using CR 9 to create a Top N report. Group 1 is by user. Group 2 is based on a formula called subcategory1. The formula for subcategory1 is:

If IsNull({CR_View_for_Steve.SUBCATEGORY1}) then
"SubCategory1 not specified"
else
{CR_View_for_Steve.SUBCATEGORY1}

When the report prints out Group 1 is listed in ascending order which is what I want. Group 2 needs to be sorted alphabetically in ascending order except the last subcategory listed should be Subcategory 1 not specified. See example below

Correct Incorrect
Tom Smith Tom Smith
Mac Mac
PC PC
Windows Subcategory1 not specified
Subcategory1 not specified Windows

On the change group options for group 2 it is set to use the formula @subcategory1 in specified order. The specified order tab has each subcategory1 listed in alphabetical order and the others tab is set to put all others together with the name Subcategory1 not specified.

Can anyone help me with what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks a lot

Choose "Subcategory Not Specified" as the last entry when you use the specified order dropdown, instead of relying on the "other" tab.

-LB

Thanks for the help. I had tried that already and it wasn't making any difference. I did manage to figure it out however. I had a sort option that sorted the field in ascending order. When I changed it to none it arranged the groups the way I wanted.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back