Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specified Module not found 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluke026

Programmer
Aug 20, 2002
US
Does anyone know what this error message means?

"Win32 error. Specified module not found."

The error _sometimes_ pops up when I try to open the most complicated form in the application. The form does exist and has been auto created. When I tried to create the form on the fly, even worse errors popped up.

My next step is to simplify the form until the error doesn't happen anymore. Not my first choice, but really my only one left.

Frank

Are you using 'funny' components that rely on external dll's or other modules, or just pushing the limits of Windows? If your app now runs odd on Windows 98/ME then try running it on W2K or later (XP) to see if that makes the diff.

HTH
TonHu

The form is the only one in the application to use components from the Raize pack. It has about 54 Raize Combo Boxes on it (but the errors also appear after I replaced most of them with regular combo boxes). When I run the program with the IDE running (to debug and test), the crashes occur. This is on 95. If I rebuild after the error and don't run but close Delphi, then it will run just fine without the IDE. No changes to the code at all and on the same machine. Reopen the IDE and it bombs. Strange.

I have also done as you asked and it runs just fine on 2000.

Then I assume you are just hitting the limits of W95, as it has quite low limits on the resources available to apps. And then running Delphi at the same time isn't helping also..... Moving development to 2000 should remove the limits from your dev evironment I'd say. I found it (W2K) much more stable, and am only testing on W98 for compatibility reasons.

HTH
TonHu

Thank you so much. I don't have much choice about what kind of system I develop on. However, I will be splitting that form into several related forms. My guess is three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back