Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Special Fonts on Laser Printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalato

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
US
Hi Gang,
I have some reports that use special fonts that we can only print on our IBM 6400/6500 printers. Is there any utility that will allow us to print those fonts on a laser printer via a Printer session?

Not the end of the world if that's not an option, but it sure would be nice for emergencies.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
--sam

Depending on the make model of laser printer, you may have the option of loading additional font packs (through hardware) or use software to upload a particular font to your printer. I had to do this when I needed to upload a particular signature font for cheque printing to a Lexmark printer.
You can also check to see if there is emulation for the IBM 6400 available through your vendor. Hope this helps.

I've done some extensive searches online, but I haven't been able to turn anything up yet. I haven't found anything related to emulation or loading the fonts.

I did see a product that would convert 400/iSeries based reports to PDF. That might be a possible solution, but would require that first step.

What's interesting about these reports is that I can't even display the fonts on screen in a session. The only way to read those special fonts is when I print the reports to a 6400/6500 printer.

--sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back