Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Special Application Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleone

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2002
US
I have purchased a Definity G3V6 and would like to front end my Answering Service equipment with the new equipment. The Answering Service equipment currently is using ten DID trunks for inbound traffic and ten POTS lines for dialing out. Our office phones are currently extensions off of the Answering Service equipment.

The Definity has two CO trunk cards (16 ports) and two DID trunk cards (16 trunks). It also has 6 Digital Line cards and 9 Analog line cards (too many ports to count). Although there is a PRI card I would prefer not to us it at this time.

Let me make it clear right now, that I know just enough about the Definity to be dangerous. So, any thoughts that you might share will be of great assistance.

Here is what I would like to accomplish:

Replace my current extensions on the Answering Service in our offices with the Definity PBX.

Utilize the intergated Audix for both internal extensions and external subscribers.

Send all other DID traffic to the Answering Service equipment . Of course I would need to out pulse 4 digits to identify the correct subscriber. I would also need to give it access to the POTS lines for dialing out

Assuming that can be accomplished, I would need to send my office traffic to the Answering Service after hours.

Can this be done without using the PRI card? Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

teleone [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back