Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specfic SMS Report or Query on missing updates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McComber

Technical User
May 19, 2008
US
Hello everyone. long time lurker first time poster.

Looking in my software update container I see 1 or 2 machines sometimes as many as 20 requesting software updates. I am not very good with SQL statements (but I am learning) and the SQL people here can't quite seem to help me with my report statements.

I would like a report that prompts me for the qnumber or the bulletin ID and just reports back the non-compliant machines along with ip address.

This way I can quickly locate the machine and check the logs.

I have read the Faq and done a keyword search but have not found what I am looking for.

If someone has a link to help me out I would appreciate it.

Hi,
Here is a query that I user, the requirement is very much the same as yours. You have to add the class and attribute if you would like IP address. This report displays all Win XP machines that are missing a specific MS security patch i.e MS08-015

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX.ID, SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX.Title from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX on SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX.Status = "Applicable" and SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX.ID = ##PRM:SMS_G_System_PATCHSTATEEX.ID## and SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.Caption = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional"

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back