Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

speaker problems, no sound 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacticalstrike

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
US
Ok I have a amd 2200+, 512mb ddr400 memory, ati radeon 9700 pro,4.1 speakers, and ac97 built in sound...

the problem I'm having is that when i do a sound test the left front speaker is the only one that works and even more when i play games the sound is jumbled because it plays late. I cheaked all of my conection and i switched every speaker with that port and the one port for the left front speaker is the ONLY one that works... so if you can help me please do...

oh and all drivers are up to date...........................

Sounds like bad equipment, sorry ol chap.

Computers are like an array of randoms, ya never know what ya gonna get!!!

Sound like you are having the wrong sound card drive installed.

I would look at START -> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL -> SOUNDS AND MULTIMEDIA -> AUDIO TAB > ADVANCED (Under sound playback section) and make sure it's set to the kind of speaker system you are using.

It defaults to 'Desktop Stereo Speakers' and probably needs to be changed to 'Quadraphonic' or 'Surround Sound' speaker setup. Now go to the PERFORMANCE TAB and make sure HAREWARE ACCELERATION is set to 'Full' and SAMPLE RATE is set to 'Best'. Make the change, hit 'Apply' and then 'Ok'.

Then try your sound test again.

Good luck!

You didn't mention the operating system but here goes:
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information

Then Tools on the menu bar, then DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Then try playing around with the sound and music in there to see what happens

Jesus is still LORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back