Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speaker phone on a 3905 set

Status
Not open for further replies.

trin14

Technical User
Mar 8, 2007
Just had an unusual request... Is it possible to use a 3905 as a speaker phone?

Thank for the assistance.

Kamal

my 3905 is hfa and works as a speaker phone

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Without the kit, there is no HFA prompt in the CLS.

ok, this one must be a monday post.. i do not have a handset kit.. i do not have hf anything in cls and the set does work handsfree.. it is a symposium/acd supervisor set, i call the scr on key one and can answer back handsfree.. no handset attached except the monitor plug

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

something is awry, or you have something tricked some how??
like ACD 2216s, ACD 3905s do not support Hands Free, I'd like to know how this is working.

Why would you need a KIT, does it have a Mic in the kit?

You don't use a handset when using speaker phone, but the set must have a microphone built in.

I think I mixed it up with HFA being required for a headset w/ 3903, and 3904. I know 3905 does not support HFA or Hands-free mute.

I just programmed a 3905 on my system and tried to add HFA and it SCH me.

REQ: chg
TYPE: 3905
TN 39 3
ECHG yes
ITEM cls nf
SCH0341
ITEM cls hfa
SCH0345
ITEM
OVL000
>err sch 345
>

SCH0345
Class of Service not allowed.

Severity: Info

i looked that up and agree. why does this one hfa? just retested it, with the handset pluged in (monitor key off), i was getting feedback via that, not true handsfree.. i need a vacation

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hey John whats up with the hfa on the 3905 does it work or it dont? Please answer before you go on vacaton

hey John I have another question for you. I installed a 3903 with a PRI number Friday and it worked fine except it wont receive any calls at first. When you try calling the extension, it went straight to a recording saying the number is out of service. But like after 30 minutes to an hour it was working fine receiving calls like i exxpected it to do from the first time I installd it?

very abnormal.. as soon as the dn works internal if it's a did you should work did.. could have been several things, switch problems or provider.. but if switch reaction to code change stays that slow.. reload it.. your very close to some complimentary resarts..

when i build a station, the amount of time to get the req: back warns me of cpu getting pushed to the limit

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This is not a system recording, it is a Telco recording.

" recording saying the number is out of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back