Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPEAKER MODEM DISABLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1975

Technical User
May 28, 2004
GR
Hi, I have a Conexant PCI 56K Speakerphone modem and a PC with Windows98SE installed on it. Everything works fine with the modem until a virus disables the speaker of the modem (I think that it deletes the wave device of the modem from the device manager). I have tried to remove the virus: Negative. I have removed the driver of the modem and tried to reinstall it. Modem again works but the speaker doesn't. After all, I have reinstalled with a format Windows and after 10 days the same happened.
Can anyone suggest me how to reinstall the driver in a way that Windows will also install the wave device of the modem?

Thank You, John.

So you formatted, and reinstalled Windows? That means the virus is gone right? We need to have a virus free system before we try to make this work, can you confirm the virus is gone? If not, I'll help you figure out how to remove it.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back