Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speak Text from a User Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

owee69

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
I am trying to get the Speak Text action to speak the digits I have stored in a User Variable. Here is how I currently have it set up, but it is not working:

Text to speak:
$REG[$ServiceCenterFwdNumber]

I know that the variable is working because the Transfer action I have in another module that calls the variable the exact same way is working correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

from the KB

"The Speak Text action allows any text to be spoken to the caller. To be able to use the Speak Text action you require TTS (Text to Speech) to be installed and licensed."

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Set one of the $CP values to that variable and add the $CP as the entry prompt in a generic action, that will read it out, it may read it like a number though i.e "forty one million six hundred thousand" rather than a series of digits, so you may need to play with a speak text action after all :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

I should have checked for the license first. I was told that the customer had a TTS license, but apparently they either don't, or it has not been applied.

Thanks for the quick response.

Why speak text for speaking entered digits?
You can use $KEY for saving digits in a variable.
You can also use $KEY in the prompt section, this will speak the entered digits too.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back