Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sparsematrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintl

Technical User
Jun 9, 2000
MY
anyone know or do before this sparsematrix before? <br>i got a couple of question..like how to implement it with template.

Dear vinctl,<br><br>I see no one has responded to your post. I am not familiar with the term 'sparsmatrix' could you clairify?<br><br>Could you also clarify your use of 'implement it with template'. Are you refering to C++ templates?<br><br>-pete

sparseMatrix is a matrix that has many 0 in it.<br>eg.<br>sparseM&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;r c v r-rows<br>1 3 0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-&gt; 1 1 1 c-cols<br>0 0 0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-&gt; 1 2 3 v-value<br>0 0 1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-&gt; 1 3 1<br><br>convert the sparse matrix in to the rows , cols and with the values.<br>using C++ template.<br>i have alreadydo the print,trace, and element funct but it return some run-time errors. anyone can check for my source? pls include ur email so i can send it to you.

Dear vinclt,<br><br>I am truly sorry but I can not understand your post.<br><br>-pete

Tell me the exact question... <p>Siddhartha Singh<br><a href=mailto:siddhu_singh@hotmail.com>siddhu_singh@hotmail.com</a><br><a href=siddhu.freehosting.net> </a><br>

Send me the code to decode...<br><A HREF="mailto:methane@personal.ro">methane@personal.ro</A>

Sparse matrix is one which consists of many
zero's in it. To reduce the memory we will convert
the matrix as sparse matrix.

E.g:- 1 0 0
0 2 0
3 0 0
The sparse mtarix for the above is
row cloumn value
1 1 1
2 2 2
3 1 3

For more details refer Data Structures book
by Horowitz sahani.
Thank U very much for giving this opportuinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back