Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sparse-sparse matrix product BLAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

usermg

Programmer
Jul 2, 2014
ES
Hello everybody,

I have written a code in fortran capable of making the product between a large sparse matrix and another large sparse matrix (quite fast). In order to verify if my results are correct and if the code is enough fast I was wondering if some external subroutine could do the same. In this sense, BLAS offers some functions and subroutines in the context of sparse vectors and matrices. However, as far as I have been able to find, with BLAS one can make the product sparse matrix-normal matrix, sparse matrix-vector. So, do you know if with BLAS one can make the product sparse matrix-sparse-matrix?

Thank you very much in advance,

Miquel

Hi usermg,
I found this article
with this source
which should contain subroutine NUMBMM for sparse-matrix * sparse-matrix multiplication

Other package is SPARSEKIT, but like a sparse BLAS it doesn't seem to have a sparse-matrix * sparse-matrix multiplication:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back