Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sparse Matrix Multiplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn11

Programmer
Jun 10, 2000
IN
Hi need a program in sparse matrix multiplication

can anybody help me out

[red]Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. - Einstein, Albert[/red]

its in fortran!

[red]Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. - Einstein, Albert[/red]

Then WHY post in a C forum???

The simplest solution is the best!

Prattaratt said:
Then WHY post in a C forum???
He means, the code Dianecht suggested was in FORTRAN.

I don't think that should be a problem in terms of getting it to work with C code, but I understand not wanting to try.

I would recommend taking a peek at the GSL (GNU Scientific Library) but don't get your hopes up as I'm not sure it includes sparse matrix functions. There is another major free software mathematical project I came across on one occasion, but I forget the name ... :-(

I apologize for the earlier Post. I plead lack of sleep or some other form of diminished capacity for my misunderstanding.

The simplest solution is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.