Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spare Media Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

td07

Technical User
Mar 11, 2008
CA
Hi, we're running Simpana ver.9 and we're getting a "There are no more spares" message for our backup jobs. There're more spares media in the scratch pool than the low water mark setting but the job won't run until I put more spare media into the library. I been looking for a setting to cause this but cannot find it. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure that the copy job is looking in the correct pool for tapes?
In other words, are the tapes in the "company pool" instead of the "default scratch pool"?

The job policy is set to use the scratch pool, there's only one choice to select in the sratch pool default destination. When I go and add some new tape (fresh tape) the jobs would start again but it complain there're no spares when there're 7 re-use tapes available. So look like it go to the right pool for the tapes, not sure why it not using the spares available there. Where else can I check?

What is the scratch pool called?
Is the library configured to use this scratch pool?

Example: right click on your tape library and choose Properties. Under the General tab Look for the Product Info section. Does the name in Default Scratch Pool match the scratch pool your jobs are using?

It happened again, there're 6 tapes in the scratch pool, one above the low mark and yet it still complain there're no more spares?????? I checked all the policy and they all using the Default scratch pool, I double check the jobs waiting for tapes and it use the Default scratch. We didn't change the Default scratch from CommVault when we did the setup. Under the scratch pool tab from the backup policy, it shown Default scratch, so why does it complain there're no spares when there're some??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back