Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spanish N 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2002
US
Hi. I've been using Corel Draw since version 3 came out, however I use it only to do projects for groups I belong to, or photo collages. I've always had trouble finding what I wanted in Corel's help files, and today has proved no exception.
I am not certain what to call it: I'm doing a flyer for a friend’s restaurant, and there is a 'tilde' above one of the letter N's in the name. I've been able to put an over line above the N, however would prefer to put is as a curvy line as seen in Spanish text often.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Paul

Hi bluewhaleCA,

This is what you can do.

1)go to control panel in Windows
2)click open the keyboard icon
3)click on the -Language- tab
4)then under -switch languages- select the radio button for Left Alt+Shift....this is how you can switch from one language to another. You can also place a check mark in the box for -Enable indicator on task bar-
5) go back to Corel and get into text editor mode
6) press the colon key....if you don't see the ñ sign then press the Alt+Shift key then press colon key again. Repeat the steps just mentioned until you see the ñ sign.
7 when finished be sure to swith back to english...same steps as above

PLease let me know if this post has been helpful to you, by clicking on the appropriate link.

rh14k
H osting
E ducational
L earning for
PC users

Go to programmes - Accessories - system tools - character map, choose your letter copy and paste it into your document, change size of letter if required.
Regards
Alan

Thanks Alan. I use the character map once every 5 years, if that. I appreciate the help!
Paul

Hi bluewhaleCA,

Here's another option, if you don't want to type the ñ symbol while in the text mode and if you don't want to get out of corel all together. Just type this ~ symbol one time(it's already on your keyboard), as a separate text item and size it to fit one upper case N or lower case n then copy and paste it where needed.

rh14k
H osting
E ducational
L earning for
PC users

Also you can type (using numeric keypad):
alt-164 to get "ñ" (lowercase)
alt-165 to get "Ñ" (uppercase)

Buena suerte!

Doesn't anyone use the symbol docker (versions 9/10) or the 'Insert Character' function under the Text menu (Version 11)? I have always found it useful to have this docker open so I can see all the options for different typefaces - you just drag the required symbol into your text line/paragraph...

Another good way of doing it. Corel is very flexible in doing things several ways, should be one method to suit your workflow.
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back