Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SpamAssassin 3.0.3 installation trouble with make. Permission denied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateo1041

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded the 3.0.3 installation for Perl users and receive the following error when using the "make" command:

code:...
cd spamc
/usr/bin/perl version.h.pl
version.h.pl: creating version.h
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/mail/spamassassin --datadir=/usr/share/spamassassin --enable-ssl=no
Can't exec "./configure": Permission denied at spamc/configure.pl line 82.
make: *** [spamc/Makefile] Error 127

Line 82 is a Perl "exec" command. Has anyone experienced this before and what might I do to fix it? I am running as root. Plesk version is the latest 7.5.2. I did try stopping "xinetd". Is there something I need to do to stop qmail too? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
- Matt.

You really should try asking Plesk - this is not vanilla qmail...

Here is the code with line 82 being the "exec" command:

# On everything but native Windows (!= cygwin) we use autoconf.
unless (RUNNING_ON_NATIVE_WINDOWS)
{
print join(' ', @args) . "\n";
exec @args;
exit 127;
}

Does the configure.pl file need to be owned by root instead? Right now it is owned by the FTP user as I uploaded it via FTP.

I've tried asking in multiple places including the official Plesk forums. No answers so far. :-( And I'm amazed that SpamAssassin does not have a forum.

I *think* this is saying that you have a folder problem in the values specified on your config line. Check that folders are present.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

You mean making sure the following directories are present?

/etc/mail/spamassassin
/usr/share/spamassassin

Wouldn't the install automatically create them for me if they're not present?

Thanks, I'll see if maybe creating them myself will help. I hope it isn't a permission issue where the install somehow doesn't have the proper permissions (although it should).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back