Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spam from my own email????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBurch

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
AU
I'm running Outlook 2002, and downloading my email from my ISP (Optusnet). Lately, I've been getting some spam mail come through, addressed from my own email address. ie username@optusnet.com.au.

I don't have any corresponding emails in my sent mail folder, on either my pc or on my webmail. I put a block on the 'from' address, and sent myself an email from my webmail account, and the email got filtered. So I don't know how to stop them. I'm more worried that spam may be going out to other people, and appear to be from me.

I'm running TrendMicro Internet Security 2009. I don't respond to spam, or click the 'unsubscribe'.

Can anyone suggest a way of handling this situation.

Chris

IT would be the perfect job......if it didn't have users!!!

Just delete them. If you look at the mail headers, you will probably find that they didn't actually originate from your own PC.

Have a word with Optusnet too, they probably have spam filtering functionality that you have not yet availed yourself to. Should be relatively cheap, or even free perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back