Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spacing of objects in Crystal Reports 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

lir7

Technical User
Jul 21, 2015
GB
Hi,

I have created a report in Crystal Reports 10 and initially had less objects so could leave them at their default size. I have since expanded the report to have more objects but even changing to a 60" printer driver the available space isn't enough. This report only gets exported into Excel.

I therefore need to reduce the size of each object in the Crystal design view knowing that once exported the size isn't an issue. I know how to resize all objects to be the same size but I want to automatically butt them all against each other starting from the left margin to reduce the space. Surely I can't be expected to manually move them all up one at a time?! [ponder]

thanks

Louise

I have a report that is over 100" wide (exports to csv), thus lining up the objects took a while. I do not know of a easy way (using vertical guidelines help) of getting the objects next to each other.

OMG that is ridiculous! If they could make functionality to make all objects the same size at the touch of a button why couldn't they make them all line up?! [thumbsdown]

Well better start now and I might be done by Xmas! [hourglass]

They probably could, but features that would help with csv and Excel have been ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back