Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spacebar shortcut problem with html email from java app

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigDaftie

Programmer
Feb 28, 2003
GB
Hi there,
I'm using javamail to send an html questionnaire that has text areas for users to write sentences in. But when the spacebar is used to put spaces in between words outlook automatically goes onto the next email in your inbox. It's a keyboard shortcut! Outlook express is ok it's just outlook. Does anyone know of any way of getting round this? I could just put a link to a web page and have the questionnaire there but I was hoping users could just fill in the form and submit from their email
Thanks a lot.
BD
PS as an aside if you go tools>options>other>preview pane in outlook and uncheck "single key reading using space bar" then the space bar stops working altogether!

Stefan does have a point (if a little blunt !).

These days, people are aware that HTML format messages carry significant risk.

However, if you really need to get around this - I would suggest asking in the Outlook forums. There is nothing that can be done AFAIK - as you said, its a problem with Outlook displaying the HTML - not Java's generation of that HTML.

I would suggest asking your users to go to a web page to fill in your form - a lot safer that way.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

OK no problem. Point taken about spam. Thanks for getting back to me.
Cheers,
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back