Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Space bar or Enter to activate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zracer03

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
We recently started having an issue with our 2003 servers when we open up our warehouse system in IE6. It's a Java enabled app that uses active X, and when they go to the page, it asks the users to Press Space Bar or Enter to activate this control. I am pretty familiar now with the issues and am aware that it was a security update Microsoft put in, in April. Our solution to most servers was either dont run automatic updates, or remove that particular update (KB916281). That works on most of our systems, except a couple of the more recent ones. Even w/o any updates, the problem still exists on a couple of servers. I know there is something you can do to the webpage html code, but our developers dont want to make that change. Anyone have any other ideas? thanks

Odds are the hotfix was rolled into a larger update for IE.

Tell the developers to quit being lazy and fix the code.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

mrdenny is correct, the only way to 'fix' it will require modification of the code. Unfortunately, this behavior has very little to do with security. It should affect every browser, but only the ones produced by MS are backed by deep enough pockets to warrant attention. Reference info

I noticed this behavior using IE7 and accessing Outlook's Web Access when replying. My signature appears and I get the same message to click or hit enter to activate the control. When I can type my message.

Don Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back